Are you planning to celebrate spring break at Disney World? April marks the month of Easter celebrations and spring holidays for students. This has welcomed a revision of the Disney World park hours April 2022; find out all you need to know to plan your vacay!
Disney World would witness a lot of crowds during the Spring break. And why not? Springtime is one of the best times to be at Disney World. But, there are downsides to this as well.
Table of Contents
Disney World park hours April 2022
With huge crowds come long and tiring waiting hours. This is just in the park; we are not even including the tiresome process you would go through to be in the park. That includes several hours of sitting in front of the screen to book your tickets and dealing with the cancellations.
That got us worried, did it not? But, hold your horses since there is a piece of good news. Disney World has understood the gravity of the situation. And, for the same reason, they have decided on extending the park hours for April.
Yes, you read that right. Read on to know more about the new timing of Disney World.
The first park that we are beginning with is EPCOT. Here are the details that you must be aware of:
- From April 4 to April 9, the park would open its door for the guests earlier than it usually does. On these days, you would be able to enter the park from 8:30 am. Usually, it opens from 9 am.
- As per the new update, EPCOT would remain open for the guests from 8:30 am to 9 pm from April 10 to April 16.
- On all the other days except for the dates mentioned above, EPCOT would not open at 8:30 am. It would open its doors for the guests at the usual hours. Thus, it would remain open from 10 am to 9 pm.
However, the park would remain open for more hours in the evening for guests of deluxe resorts on certain dates. These dates include April 4, April 11, April 18, and April 25. Hence, if you are a deluxe hotel guest, you would get the opportunity to stay at the park for some more hours on these specified dates.
Animal Kingdom at Disney World
Next on the queue is Animal Kingdom. If you are an Animal Kindom fan, then here is a piece of good news for you.
Animal Kingdom has extended the park hours in the morning and evening. That would be incredibly helpful in maintaining the crowd since there would be ample time to explore the park.
Here are the revised timings that you must be aware of:
- From April 1 to April 9, the park doors would remain open for the guests from 7:30 AM to 8:30 pm.
- It was previously mentioned that the park would remain open for the guests from 9 am to 7 PM every day for the remaining dates for April, except for the ones mentioned above.
- However, there has been a recent update. Disney World has announced that the gates of Animal Kingdom would remain open for its guests from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm in the evening. This would be effective only from April 10 to April 16.
Hollywood Studios at Disney World
Now, let us talk about Hollywood Studios at Disney World. If you are not an early riser and are planning on visiting Disney World in the early weeks of April, you would not be very impressed.
Well, that is because Hollywood Studios of Disney World is extending the park hours in the morning in the early weeks of April. However, that is changing in the latter part of the month.
Let us have a look at the new and updated park hours:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios would open its gates for the guests at 8:30 am on some dates in early April. They are from April 1s to April 3. The closing hours remain the same as before on these days.
- On some days, Hollywood Studios would open at even early hours at 8 in the morning. The dates are from April 4 to April 6. The closing hours remain the same as before on these days.
- As per the previous announcement, Hollywood Studios was to open its door at 9 in the morning. This was for all the days of April except the ones mentioned above. However, in a recent update, it has been announced that the gates of Hollywood Studios would open at 8 in the morning. It would remain open until 9 in the evening on some dates. The dates for the same would be April 10 to April 16.
- Well, in case you are staying at one of the deluxe resorts at Disney, you would be offered additional perks. You would be able to enjoy Extended Evening Hours for one day on April 13. On this day, you would be able to stay at the park for an extra two hours. That is, from 9 PM to 11 PM.
Magic Kingdom at Disney World
Hands down, Magic Kingdom is most of our favorite, is it not? The good thing is that Disney World has decided to extend the park hours for Magic Kingdom as well. Thus, all of the guests would enjoy a more fun time at the park.
Let us look at what the revised timings of the park are.
- The first set of dates we start with is from April 1 to April 9. On these days, the park would remain open for the guests from 9 in the morning to 11 pm. This means that there has been an extension of two hours later in the evening.
- If you choose to stay at any of Disney World’s luxury resorts or hotels, there is a bonus for you. On April 6th, you would be able to stay at the park till 1 in the morning (1 AM). Is that not super exciting? Spending midnight at the Magic Kingdom is extremely fun that you must not miss at any cost.
Guests of Disney World luxury resorts would also remain in the park for extended hours. This would be applicable on 20th March and 27th March.
- Now let us learn about the park timings for the remaining days of April as per the previous announcement. The Magic Kingdom would remain open every day from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening for the guests.
- However, there has been a recent update on the park timings. From April 10 to April 16, the park would remain open from 9 in the morning to 11 in the evening.
Last but not least on the list is Typhoon Lagoon. Along with the other parks, Typhoon Lagoon has announced a certain extension of the park hours. Let us have a look at what the revised timings are.
- The water park usually shuts down at 5 pm. However, from March 25 to March 27, it was open till 6 pm.
- The same is also being applied on some Saturdays and Sundays in April. The specific dates are 1st April to 3rd April, 8th April to 10th April, and 15th April to 17th April.
The month of April is one of the most common times to visit Disney World. Well, the top reason is the amazing weather in Spring.
However, one of the other important reasons is that the parks remain open for extra hours, which we love. Hence if you are planning a trip make sure you keep note of the Disney World park hours April 2022.