Disney World often shuts down the rides for refurbishing them. They do this essentially to ensure the safety of all the guests and proper maintenance. Expedition Everest had been closed for a while, but there is some exciting news about its reopening!
Table of Contents
Expedition Everest Reopens After Refurbishment
Continuously ensuring that the rides are in good condition reinforces the safety of all the guests. Hence, here is a tip, every time you visit Disney World, ensure to have a look and check on the refurbishment calendar. That way, you would know if your favorite rides are all available.
Coming back to the point, since January this year, one of our favorite rides was suddenly made unavailable for the public. Yes, you guessed it right. It is the Expedition Everest. But, here is a piece of good news for you.
Expedition Everest is finally going to be available to all its guests. Is that not amazing? The ride Expedition Everest was shut down and was under maintenance throughout these months. Well, it was also important because it was facing certain technical issues.
However, Animal Kingdom is set to welcome all its guests to experience one of its most in-demand rides. The news of the ride reopening has created quite a stir amongst all the guests. People have flocked in there, and as a result, you would come to a huge queue for the ride when here.
Hence, if you wish not to experience a huge queue, we suggest you be there as early as you probably can. This is because the queue would increase as the day passes. Hence, it might also take around 90 minutes to clear the queue and experience the ride by noon. And we are sure that you do not want that.
Expedition Everest is now available on Disney Genie+
The ride Expedition Everest has brought several changes along with it. To begin with, it is now available on the Disney Genie+
Are you confused about what that is and how that works? Let us take you through it.
If you are hoping to get yourself a Disney Genie+, then here is another good news. You would get the ride Expedition Everest on Disney Genie+.
Hence, you would save your money since you would not have to book Individual Attraction Selection. That means that this ride would not be available as a pay-per-ride feature. However, you can get the ride through Lighting Lane on the Disney Genie + app.
That left many people wondering how to get on with the complete process of booking the ride tickets through Disney Genie+. If you are one of them too and wish to know how it works, keep reading.
View this post on Instagram
How to book rides on Disney Genie?
Booking the ride through Disney Genie+ is not rocket science. Rather, it is pretty simple. Let us have a look at how it works.
- The first thing you would need to do is get the My Disney Experience app.
- On the app, you would have to purchase the Disney Genie+. It would cost you $15 per person.
- Once you open it, it will take you to the Lighting Lanes access. Almost all the Animal Kingdom rides and experiences are present except for one ride, Flight of Passage.
- Note that the bookings for the rides open sharp at 7 AM every morning. Hence, to get yourself the earlier slots, ensure to wake yourself upright in the morning. Have a look at the next pass available for Expedition Everest and the time for the same.
- Once you decide on it, click on the ‘Book Experience.’ This would ensure you a reserved spot for the Expedition Everest.
- Keep it in mind to ensure that you reach the spot within your reservation window of 1 hour.
- Upon reaching there, you would be asked to scan your park ticket or the app on your phone or your Magic Band if you have any. Once done, you would be all set to experience the Expedition Everest ride.
However, the ride would be there for a limited period only. Hence, do not miss out on the chance to have all the fun.