You might think I am joking, given that the prices of Disney World tickets are at an all-time high. But there are still some ways to explore Disney World cheap.
Travel budget differs from person to person, but aren’t we always looking for different ways to cut costs? Well, that is what we discuss here every time there are new deals and discounts to share. So, now it’s time to find out what’s working right now.
Table of Contents
Exploring Disney World for cheap
Below are a few tricks that will make your trip to Disney World worth every penny you spend:
Staying at Disney World
The first thing that comes to your itinerary as you decide your destination is the place to stay. And this part of the vacation is where you spend most of your money.
Hence choosing the right place at a great price is essential yet quite challenging. But don’t worry, the deals available at Disney World make it a bit easier for you.
If you are an Annual Passholder, you can happily avail of a whopping discount on stays of about 30% at Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Resort.
You can avail of these annual pass-holder discounts on stays this holiday season from October 23 until Christmas.
Stay at Disney Springs
Disney Springs welcomes you with many stays to choose from that offer some fantastic deals.
- B Resort & Spa: At B Resort, they offer you a nightly credit of $25 which can be used for other services. Isn’t that amazing?
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: The hotel offers fantastic deals starting at just $95 per night.
- Holiday Inn Orlando: You can choose Holiday Inn when looking for something more cost-effective. Here the stay starts at $79 a night.
- Wyndham Lake and Wyndham Garden: If you are a D23 Gold Member, you can avail of up to 20% off your stay here.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando: DoubleTree offers an excellent deal for a family; if you want a two-Room suite, the charges are just $109 per night.
Apart from the above list of hotels, there are some additional benefits that you can avail yourself of at Disney Springs stays being a resident of Georgia & Florida.
Check with the hotels before booking your stay. Also, there are special discounts for senior citizens, AAA members, and Military families.
Make sure you check with the hotels before making the payment so you don’t miss out on the fantastic offers that can help you save a lot on your stay.
How to avail of discounts on Disney World Passes?
It’s surprising. Because it isn’t easy to get discounts on theme parks. But you know, if you are a Florida Resident or an annual pass holder, then are some fantastic deals for you, even on the tickets for the theme parks!
Being an annual pass holder, you can avail of a 1-Day free pass to the Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. This is valid until December 31. Also, for Military members, there are specially priced ticket tickets for the theme park, valid until 16th December.
The best part of being a Floridian is you can get a flat 30% discount on 3-day tickets and 40% on 4-day tickets. Florida Residents: Save 40% on a 4-Day Ticket and 30% on a 3-Day ticket!
Now, an exclusive saving of $40 is waiting for you if you are a AAA member.
How to save as you relish the delicacies at Disney World?
Disney World is huge, and as you enjoy the rides and walk through the parks, you will need to refuel yourself. There are some fantastic discounts on Disney dining as well that can help you save a little extra to cater to your sweet tooth.
It’s a win-win situation for the annual pass holders. And if you are one, don’t forget to use it efficiently because it is valid throughout Disney World, including the dining.
There are no offers for Disney Visa card holders, D23 Gold members, and Disney Vacation club members. So, if you have any of those, use them and avail yourself of great discounts on your meals at Disney World.
Also, many restaurants may offer you great deals during this season. You may be lucky to get an appetizer by just paying for your main course. Wine Bar George has excellent deals where you get a complimentary drink by buying a Corkcicle!
You even have clubs that offer points that you can earn a point for every dollar you spend. And when you have enough points, say 250 points, these get converted into $25, which can be further used to purchase food, beverages, or merchandise. Levy Restaurants are of these places that offer such deals.
Bars at Disney World cheap during happy hours
To quench your thirst, the below list of bars is the best to save and enjoy your drinks at Disney World.
- House of Blues Restaurant: This bar’s happy hours are from Monday-Thursday until 5 PM, offering beer at just $2, Wine at $5, and Long Island Iced Tea or Margaritas at $6. Isn’t that great value for money?
- Jaleo by José Andrés: Jaleo has happy hours, even on Sundays, from 4 PM-6 PM. This place is famous for its specially-priced Guest favorites consisting of beverages and tapas.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: This place offers healthy drinks, draft beer, and wines priced between $6-$7, whereas appetizers are under $8. The happy hours are between Monday – Friday, from 12 PM to 3 PM.
- Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas This bar has no such hours but features margaritas, Tecate, and Coors Lite at just $5.
- Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant: It has a fantastic outside bar that offers beer and premium liquors at just $5
- STK Orlando: You will be amazed to see the happy hour menu they serve between 3 PM-6 PM. The bar features VieVite Rose & Justin Cabernet at just $10, with only appetizers and food specials ranging from $2 to $8.
- Terralina Crafted Italian: This also has an outside bar happy hour between 4 PM-6 PM, even on weekends. This place offers beers and wines at just $5.
Saving on Disney goodies and merchandise
As your vacation ends, you don’t want to go home empty-handed. You surely want something to take from this gigantic place where you create some fantastic memories. But do you know you can also avail of some great discounts on Disney Merchandise?
As you already know, your annual pass is a wonder wand; it works everywhere, even on Disney merchandise. Apart from your annual pass, Disney Visa card holders, Disney Vacation Club members, and even the D23 gold member can happily enjoy the discounts while purchasing merchandise at Disney World.
So, do you think it’s over? Well, to your surprise, there are a few more things you can enjoy after the theme park. If you have an annual pass or are a Disney Club member, then there are many events and recreational activities that you can take part in.
Now you know how to explore Disney World cheap. Pick out the deals that favor you and head to WDW this holiday season.