Newcomers, students, or working professionals always struggle when selecting a PG accommodation in Pune city that fulfills their needs and fits their budget. With so many options available, finding a PG offering the best living experience can be challenging. So, if you are struggling to find a good PG in Karve Nagar or other areas in Pune City, the following tips can assist you in making the best possible choice-
1. Prepare a list of essential things- Before you begin your search, determine your budget. Prepare a list of needs and other unique preferences like a PG with AC , single occupancy rooms, no curfew time etc. This exercise will prevent you from exceeding your budget and avoid any last-minute issues. It also makes the search process more streamlined and effective.
2. Ask acquaintances or search online– You may ask your friends, colleagues, and other acquaintances for help or suggestions. You may search for affordable and reputable PG accommodations online on property portals and social media platforms.
3. Look for online reviews and ratings- Check reviews and testimonials of previous occupants published on various online portals to get an idea of their living experience in these accommodations. Positive reviews suggest that the PG accommodation is adequately maintained and provides quality services. After conducting this online and offline research, you can prepare a list of accommodations you like and that fits your budget.
4. Schedule a visit- Once you have narrowed down the choices, you may call the owners of these PGs to schedule a visit. Visiting the shortlisted accommodations to gauge their quality is essential because your chosen option will be your home for the next few months or even a year. Sometimes photos and details on online websites are misleading. So, in-person verification is essential. Also, meeting with the landlord or the individual responsible for managing the PG accommodation helps you gauge their personality and management style.
5. Conduct thorough examination– Conduct a comprehensive examination of the premises to avoid any potential issues in the future. You can also talk with other occupants presently living there to understand the quality of accommodation and services better provided. You must inspect following things-
- When you visit a PG, thoroughly check the size of your prospective room and ensure sufficient space for your belongings and comfortable living. Also, check for proper ventilation and lighting. Verify the condition and quality of essential amenities such as a bed, mattress, cupboard, study table, and chair.
- Inspect the cafeteria, recreational rooms, and other common areas where you will be spending considerable time.
- Prepare a list of the PG’s amenities and services, such as WIFI, laundry services, housekeeping services, parking facilities, etc. This list helps make a comparative analysis for selecting the best possible option.
- Check security and safety measures such as 24X7 security guards, intelligent locks, CCTV cameras, etc. Never opt for a PG that doesn’t emphasize building a safe and secure living environment for its residents.
6. Don’t shy away from asking questions- Ask as many questions as possible so there is no room for misinterpretation. Discuss all the nitty-gritty details of the rental agreement with owners, such as the duration of the agreement, the possibility of early termination, consequences of late rent payment, rent cycle, mode of payment, rent calculation method, security deposit amount and its refund conditions, maintenance charges, etc. Ensure there are no hidden charges or clauses in the agreement you don’t understand or agree with. Considering the PG rent is important but, it should not be the sole deciding factor.
7. Have a brief conversation with your prospective roommate- Having a good relationship with other occupants is essential for a comfortable and peaceful PG life. Before finalizing the agreement, briefly talk with your prospective roommate(s) if you plan to live in a multiple occupancy room. It can give you an idea about their lifestyle, habits, and preferences, which can help you determine whether you are compatible with living together.
8. Thoroughly read accommodation rules and regulations- All the Residents have to follow the rules and regulations of any accommodation they live in. So, make sure to read their policies to clearly understand different aspects like curfew timings, restrictions on smoking, consuming outside food, drinking, having visitors for overnight stays,consequences of violating rules etc. Choose the PG only if all the house rules are suitable for you. Finalise the rental greement if everything looks fine. Read it multiple times to check for mistakes.
Choosing a PG accommodation is a significant decision that impacts your living situation and overall well-being. Therefore, consider factors such as budget, facilities, safety and security, rules and policies, reviews, and room management when deciding. Remember to be thorough in your research and take your time to decide. Don’t make hasty decisions you will regret later. We hope these tips help you find the perfect PG accommodation in Karve Nagar!